Thursday, January 22, 2015

#Embark

First of all, if you took the poll that was on the blog a couple of days ago, Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. This post is for you guys that voted for more scripture based posts, and since I haven't talked about this years new theme I thought I would because it's a scripture.

I know that it is not the first of the year but that's okay- a little refresher for the new theme! By the way, I hope you are all having a fabulous day & week.

--------
When I heard this years theme I loved it. I thought, "what a great new years resolution!"
I want to be able to really #embark myself in the service of God. 

This is MY photo. Because this is an older edit of mine it still
 has 'everything.mormon' on it. Please give credit if  used.

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him will all your heart, might, mind & strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."D&C 4:2 

So lets figure our what this means:
{my definitions}

embark-to step aboard
service of God- everything from family history to bringing
dinner to a family in need to giving your lunch money
to someone in need to just being Christlike.
heart- be willing to serve him.
might-giving everything you've got to
embark yourself in service. in my mind it
encompasses all-heart, mind, & strength
mind-always be thinking what you can do next
strength-give everything you have.



so now that we understand it
lets serve him with all our
hearts
might
mind
&
strength.

Yes, it may be hard but we are promised something at the end of that verse- that we may stand blameless before God. I don't know about you but I feel this is a pretty great promise.

-Halee

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for your comment!