Wednesday, December 24, 2014

12 Days of "What Christmas means to you." Day 11

Merry Christmas Eve!

@latterdaysaints said, "Growing up, my mum always put up multiple nativity scenes all around my house. I remember seeing the nativity scene more than the fun decorations in fact. It provided an atmosphere in my home during the Christmas season that was beautiful and spiritual. As I've gotten older, I've realized Christmas isn't about some baby being born to his parents in a stable. It's about a divine Savior being born to the world. His birth foreshadowed a life full of amazing miracles and beautiful struggles that provided hope to all those who knew Him all those who come to know Him now. The sweet baby in the manger was going to grow up to be Christ, our Lord. His example of love and charity speaks to us all during this season I think. Helping those around you is truly what the Christmas Spirit is all about. We give each other gifts wrapped up in beautiful bows on Christmas Day, but in all actuality, #Heisthegift."

What are some of your Christmas Eve traditions?

We always open up a "family gift." Most of the time its a fun new game! And we work. We fix fence or work cows. Some how those things get left to do on Christmas Eve.

-EM

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for your comment!