Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Journaling

This is another thing that we have all tried & failed, made it our New Year's resolution, tried it again... It is hard. Its not easy. But it is worth it. I have found a method that works. Yup. It was my News Years resolution last year and I can say I did it. It took work and effort but I know that I will be blessed because of it. I didn't want to journal everyday because I knew I would fail so I decided to do it once a week. And I can say that I have done it this whole year!

Spencer W. Kimball said, "Those who keep a book of remembrance are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives. Journals are a way to count our blessings and leave an inventory of these blessings for our prosperity." 

Here are my tips:

Set a day(or time) to journal: I always journal on Sundays. Sundays are the least busiest so it is easier to do. Pick a day or time and commit yourself to do it every day or once a week. That time is journal time. Even setting reminders on your phone can help with forgetfulness.

Be committed: Want to do it. Want to succeeded.

Get something you want to write IN & WITH: Think how much more fun and exciting it would be to write in a cute journal with cute, BUT good pens. Remember this is something you want to last, so choose wisely.

Make it fun: I wanted to do this post just for this. I found 52 journal topics/questions on Pinterest and printed them off and every week I would do one of those. (You can also get them day-by-day.) They were easy and they were fun + whoever reads it will be able to get to know you better! I've came up with 52 questions(one per week) that YOU can print off and do. I will be doing these this year!!


  • What are your goals/resolutions for this year?
  • What is your favorite quote & why?
  • Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what is it?
  • If you had three wishes what would they be?
  • What is your most treasured thing?
  • If you could meet anyone, who would it be & why?
  • Least favorite words or phrases? 
  • What are 3 things you do everyday no matter what?
  • What are your top 3 pet peeves?
  • 3 things you can't live without?
  • What is your dream vacation?
  • What is something you want right now?
  • What is your favorite scripture?
  • Who is your best friend? Tell why.
  • Who do you look up to? Why?
  • I pray...
  • What are five things you could eat all day, every day?
  • I love it when I see other people_____.
  • What is one thing you want to change about yourself?
  • What is your favorite hymn?
  • I can't imagine....
  • What are your hobbies?
  • What is one thing you have always wanted to do but haven't? Why?
  • What are 3 qualities you want your future spouse to have? (Or do have that you love)
  • What is one thing you love about yourself?
  • Tell about physical YOU. Your height, hair color, whether or not you tan easily, eye color..etc.
  • Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
  • What is your favorite kind of weather?
  • Would you change your name if you could?
  • I want to buy ________ so bad.
  • Is there anyone that you would give everything you had to them? Why?
  • Name three people that your glad you meet. Why?
  • How are you going to leave the world a better place?
  • I hope...
  • Tell about your favorite holiday traditions.
  • How do you express your love?
  • What is on your mind right now?
  • Name a letter. Now name 5 things you love that start with that letter.
  • How did you get your name?
  • What did you do today that made you proud of yourself? (standing up for someone, giving a compliment)
  • What is your favorite book, TV show, and song right now?
  • What does "believing" mean to you?
  • Tell about your family?
  • What is your style like?
  • What is something your going to work on this week? (anger, giving more compliments..etc)
  • List 5 things your grateful for today.
  • What makes you smile?
  • Do you like to read?
  • What is your favorite meal?
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
  • On my current bucket list...
  • Did you fulfill your New Years Resolutions? What kept you from doing so? How will you do better next year?

I hope you journal this year with me! Feel free to copy and paste the 52 topics and print them off for personal use. (If you do use them for non-personal use please contact me before hand. Thanks)

-EM

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for your comment!