Tuesday, January 6, 2015

//Colossians 3:12-17//

I hope you are all having a wonderful week, going back to school and all! ;) Just think. Its half over now! YA!


I came across a passage of scripture while I was doing my Personal Progress (Divine Nature #6) & I absolutely LOVED it. Like it was so perfect. I understood it. It had everything I am striving to become listed in it. + It was easier to understand then Proverbs 31. (Not that I don't love that passage but this spoke to me more!)

+ This one could be for guys too. ;) This passages list it all so clear, makes scene, and it's everything an "Elect of God" would need to become.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any : even as Christ forgave, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hears, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

I just love it so much. Don't you want to be the person listed in there?! I know I do!

Remember in D&C 25 when Emma Smith got called by God an "Elect Women." She must have possessed all of these qualities to be called that. + many more! I hope and pray that I can become half the lady she was. She went through so much, and yet continued to hold fast to what she knew to be right.
  • holy & beloved
  • bowels of mercies
  • kindness
  • humbleness of mind
  • meekness
  • longsuffering
  • forbearing (not holding a grudge, patient)
  • forgiving
  • charity (pure love of Christ)
  • peace of God
  • thankful
  • word of Christ dwell in you
  • teaching
  • singing with grace
  • glory to God
I think we can all become an "Elect of God" if we will work towards it. Maybe each week you can take one of these, study it, and try to better develop it. (Just think what you could accomplish in a year, and the person you could become!)

I love and will probably memorize this passage because it is who I want to become. I hope you will join me in become a Colossians 3 woman too!





















//halee {aka EM}

5 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome! What a great scripture for a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I've never read this one before now! Thank you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scripture! Thanks for sharing. I am loving your blog! Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for your comment!